Apply to curate a virtual art exhibition with Electric Petal!
You must be 18 years old or older.
Your responsibility if selected:
- Exhibition Title and short description
- Creating and promoting a Call for Artists and the show itself (I’ll provide a template for both)
- Selection and ordering of art included in the show from submitted art
- A profile blurb and photo with information about you
- Any notes you want to add about each piece and why you chose it (optional)
- Exhibition Curator Statement
- Location preference if you have one. Shows cannot be posted onto metal surfaces, and I must have legal permission to put a sticker there. I cannot guarantee any specific location.
- Applying does not guarantee you will be selected to curate an art show.
- You agree your words and photograph may be used to promote the exhibition and Electric Petal, with attribution.
- You will be notified by email if you are selected to curate a show. Make sure my emails will not end up in your spam folder.
- You agree to prioritize work for sale and by people in marginalized communities.
- Selection of shows will be based on proposed show information, experience, and diverse representation.
- You will have up to 45 days from being emailed that your show was selected to request submissions and curate the show.
- Any show that contains 30 artworks or more and is publishable quality will result in you receiving a $50 payment in appreciation of your time and effort after it is completed and published. I will also include a link to your site, and you can include 1 of your own submitted artworks.
- I reserve the right to decline to publish or provide payment for shows that are not of good quality, completely at my discretion.
- Priority may be given to marginalized curators in the Kansas City area.
- It’s possible that multiple people may submit similar proposals and in that case I will have to choose the one that seems like the best fit.
- The Application Fee is nonrefundable.
By submitting your information you agree to these terms. You may submit multiple show proposals.